What is the Code of Ethics and Conduct?
The Code of Ethics and Conduct (the Code) is the document which sets out the conduct and behaviours which we set for ourselves and those associated with us, to support and uphold our values.
The standards of behaviour are contained within the Code and include but are not limited to:
- Adhering to all applicable CGF Policies.
- Safeguard the interests of Athletes including their physical and mental health and equilibrium, and their opportunity to participate in fair competition and excel in sport.
- Not engaging in the abuse or harassment of any other person (whether physical, verbal, mental, sexual or otherwise).
- Not doing anything that might improperly discriminate against anyone on the basis of ethnic origin, colour, race, nationality, culture, religion or belief (or lack thereof), political opinion (or lack thereof), gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation or disability, or any other improper ground.
- Conducting themselves honestly, fairly, impartially and in accordance with the highest standards of integrity.
- Avoiding acts or omissions that give the appearance of impropriety, or that denigrate or detract from any Commonwealth Games Entity and/or the Commonwealth Games and/or CGF Officials, or that bring (or have the potential to bring) any Commonwealth Games Entity and/or the Commonwealth Games and/or CGF Officials and/or sport generally into disrepute.
- Not to use the Commonwealth Games to promote any political or religious agenda or personal financial interests.
To view our full Code of Ethics and Conduct please click below
There are two branches to our ethics programme. The first branch is the Ethics Officer, who receives and require investigations of ethics complaints. The second branch is the Ethics Commission which receives reports from the Ethics Officer and makes determinations, including possible sanctions. Both branches of the ethics program are independent from the CGF, and from each other.
To find out more about the Ethics Commission, please click here.
How do I report a concern/complaint?
If you see or experience something which you believe may be a breach of the Code of Ethics and Conduct please direct your concern/complaint to the Ethics Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is monitored by the independent Ethics Officer, and they will acknowledge receipt of your email and advise you about the next steps. The Ethics Officer’s role and procedures are found in Part C of the Code.
We also recommend viewing our Whistleblowing, Anti-Corruption and Appointments policies below: