What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are necessary in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Why are cookies used?
Cookies may be used for many different purposes, including:
- Cookies can be required to make the website function properly. For example, without cookies, it would be difficult to make a website remember that you have logged in or visited the website before. These are called required cookies.
- Cookies can also be used to analyse how a website is used, to count the number of visitors, to learn how the website may be improved. All tracking data and website usage are stored anonymously and cannot be linked back to individual website visitors. These cookies are called analytics cookies.
- Social media cookies are used to enable the integration of social media and your data with the platform in question into the website, so that you can immediately like or share a page without having to reauthenticate your profile.
Unless you have set your browser to block cookies completely, this website will utilise the following cookies on your computer.
|Analytics Cookies||Google Analytics uses the information from these cookies to provide insight into how people are using the website, how often they visit and how they move around the site.||First Party||2 years / 24 hours / 48 hours|
|Analytics Cookie||Facebook pixel uses information from these cookies to provide insight into how people are using the website, how often they visit and how they move around the site||First Party||3 months|
All cookies identified above on the website are set to the root domain http://www.commonwealthsport.com and are only readable to the Commonwealthsport.com website.
Modern web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
There are some elements of data visible to us as part of your use of the website. The information we have visibility of regardless of your acceptance of analytics cookies is:
- The internet domain e.g. www.organisation.co.uk and internet protocol address (IP address) from which you access the website. This is made available by your internet service provider
- The type of browser (i.e. Safari or Google Chrome) and operating system (Windows, UNIX, macOS etc) that you use
- The device you use, such as a mobile phone or tablet
- The date and time of your visit
- The page(s) you visit
- The address of the website from which you linked to us, known as a referrer (if applicable)
We only use this information above to review website and server performance.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
To contact Commonwealth Games Federation with a data protection query regarding the processing of your personal data, please use the following details:
Data Protection Officer,
Commonwealth Games Federation
8 Storey's Gate
For more information about the use of personal data within Commonwealth Sport, please visit our Privacy notice.
Changes to this cookie notice
We keep our cookie notices under regular review. This was last updated on 22/11/22.